It’s good to regularly review the benefits and disadvantages of the very commonly used test questions and also the test banks that now frequently provide them.
- Easy and quick to score, by hand or electronically
- Could be written so they test a wide variety of higher-order thinking skills
- Can cover plenty of content areas on a single exam and nevertheless be answered in a class period
- Often test skills that are literacy “if the student reads the question carefully, the clear answer is not difficult to acknowledge even in the event the student knows little in regards to the subject” (p. 194)
- Provide unprepared students the possibility to guess, in accordance with guesses that are right, they get credit for things they don’t know
- Expose students to misinformation that can influence thinking that is subsequent this content
- Take time and skill to create questions that are(especially good